Monday, July 31, 2017

Sending Smiles Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

This is my second post today. If you missed the first one just scroll down or follow a direct link here.


On Friday was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Sending Smiles Card. Jane shared my card today on the blog, so I'm sharing it also today. :o)


To make this card, I was inspired with a card I created earlier this year, Hey GILL Friend Card. I used stamps from three adorable Jane's Doodles stamp sets. A fish is from a 'Simon' stamp set, bubbles from 'Under the Sea' stamp set and a sentiment from 'Monster Squad' stamp set.

  

stamped eight fish on a watercolor paper panel and heat embossed bubbles in white. I masked fish and blended the panel with Distress Inks. I splattered the panel with water, dried the panel with Heat It Tool and repeated the process until I was satisfied.

After drying, I removed masks, colored fish in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. I heat embossed in white the sentiment directly on the panel and glued the panel on a white top folded card base.

As a finishing touch I coated fish and bubbles with Wink of Stella. :o)

Card dimensions: 139 mm x 107 m(5 1/2" x 4 1/4")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Simon' stamp set (fish)
  • Jane's Doodles 'Under the Sea' stamp set (bubbles) 
  • Jane's Doodles 'Monster Squad' stamp set (sentiment)
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • white watercolor paper
  • post-it paper (for masking)
    • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
    • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
    • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
    • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
      • Mustard Seed
      • Fossilized Amber
      • Tumbled Glass
      • Mermaid Lagoon
      • Blueprint Sketch
      • Faded Jeans
      • Stormy Sky
    • Uniball Signo White
    • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
    • UHU universal glue
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
    • Ranger Heat It Tool
    • scissors
    • bone folder
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
    • powder bag
    • paper towels
    • dry cloth
    • water
    • post-it paper (for masking)



    I'm linking my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #252 - Make Your Mark
    This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.

    2) Crafty Creations Challenges, #346 - Anything Goes
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

    This is my 4th entry to this challenge.


    At the end of this post...
    Jane has 30% off all clear stamp sets sale. Sale ends on Wednesday, August 2nd, so be sure to grab this opportunity. :o)


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    4 comments:

    1. Such a cute card Milka...Love it totally..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

      ReplyDelete
    2. Adorable card! Such a wonderful background! Fun design!

      Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

      hugs...
      Melissa

      ReplyDelete
    3. Awwwww.... My dear friend, You always are able to create fab cards with only a few stamps and inks...and this is amazing!!! love the cute fishes and the background!! Love your style!:)
      Big hugs and thanks for the card you sent me for my birthday...I liked it so much! Sorry for the delay in my thanks, but my days have been very sad, unlucky... :(

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...