Friday, July 7, 2017

I Love Math Challenge #6


Hello everyone and welcome to a new I Love Math ChallengeThis is the sixth challenge. If you're new to my blog, you can find all about the challenge here.

The theme for this challenge is Hexagon(s).

Hexagon, in a geometry, is a six sided polygon or 6-gon. Regular or irregular, the total of the internal angles of any hexagon is 720°.




A very talented designer and a Math lover is joining Neha and me in this challenge. It's Kaja Vezenšek of Kajcyika crafts, amazing crafter and friend from Slovenia.

Kaja and I (and Neha) are in the same Design Team at Jane's Doodles. Her designs are amazing and her creations super cute and very inspiring. Kaja supports this challenge from it's beginning participating in most challenges with her amazing creations. I was overwhelmed when she accepted my invitation to be a Guest Designer for this challenge.

Here is what Kaja said:
"I love math! I really do! That's why 'I love math' challenges that Milka is hosting are always fun and exciting for me. When Milka asked me if I would be a guest designer, I just couldn't say no! This time around the theme is hexagon, so the first thing that came to my mind were bees!"

And here is GORGEOUS Kaja's card! I LOVE IT!!! :o)


AMAZING design, super sweet scene, beautiful bright colors, adorable bees and flowers... Kaja used stencil to create beautiful hexagons background. I love her take on the challenge!!! Jump over to Kaja's blog and find out more details about her card, how she made it and what products she used. :o)


Here is Neha's AMAZING take on the challenge. :o)


When Neha sent me photo of her card my jaw dropped. STUNNING!!! Brilliant CAS design!! Love her take on the challenge!! Layered die-cut hexagons create camera's objective. Such a cool idea!!! Jump over to Neha's blog and find out more details about her card. :o)



And here is my take on the challenge: Rainbow Hexagon Birthday Card.


I heat embossed in white hexagon pattern from Jane's Doodles 'Geometric Patterns' stamp set (which is discontinued) on a white cardstock paper panel. Then I blended Distress Inks on the panel (embossing resist technique), following a rainbow pattern. When I was satisfied with colors, I dried the panel, trimmed it a bit (didn't like edges), wiped it with a dry cloth, glued it on a slightly larger black cardstock paper panel and glued everything on a top folded white card base.

Then I heat embossed in black die-cut 'happy', run over edges with black permanent marker and glued it on the card. I don't have a die-cutting machine. I got this die-cut from my friend Kristina from kristina's art corner, among other crafty stuff. :o)

Lastly, I heat embossed in white on a black cardstock paper stripe word 'birthday' from Mama Elephant 'Starry Night' stamp set. I used white gel pen to fix lines that weren't embossed well. I cut the stripe to desirable size and glued foam tape on back of it. I glued the stripe on the card overlapping the word happy and my card was finished.

Card dimensions: 95 mm x 126 mm  (3 3/4" x 5")


List of supplies :
  • Jane's Doodles 'Geometric Patterns' stamp set; stamp set is discontinued
  • Mama Elephant 'Starry Night' stamp set (word 'birthday')
  • Mama Elephant 'Happy Script' white cardstock paper die-cut
  • white cardstock paper
  • black cardstock paper
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Primary Ebony, Regular, WH00R)
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Wilted Violet
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Mermaid Lagoon
    • Twisted Citron
    • Mustard Seed
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Candied Apple
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
  • Uniball Signo White (gel pen)
  • UHU universal glue
  • foam tape 1 mm thick
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • scissors
  • tweezers
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • powder bag
  • dry cloth




I love that three of us used different techniques to create hexagons. Kaja stenciled them, Neha die-cut and layered and me heat embossed. :o) Thank you Ladies for joining me in this challenge and inspiration. :o)


Now it's your turn...

Create any kind of project, whatever you like, but your project must have Hexagon(s) as a focal point. Any design is welcome. Project can also be hexagon shaped. Also, it doesn't have to be regular hexagon (irregular are fine too).

More details about the challenge...

Challenge Starts: July 7th 2017, 10:00 PM CEST (UTC +2)

Challenge Ends: August 7th 2017, 09:55 PM CEST (UTC +2)


Challenge rules:
  1. Theme: Hexagon
  2. Your project must have Hexagon(s) in focal point.
  3. Your creation must be new. Please do not link creation that has been posted prior to the day of the challenge.
  4. Projects must be handmade!
  5. Any stamp company/artist is welcome.
  6. If you make a card, any design is welcome.
  7. You must be a blog follower. If you are following me via e-mail, please leave me a comment.
  8. Mention the challenge in your blog post and link back to the challenge.
  9. Display Challenge badge in your blog post.
  10. Link up as many projects as you want.
  11. You are welcome to combine your project to as many challenges as you want.
  12. No blog hop and direct selling links are allowed here.
  13. Link your direct blog post and not your entire blog, so I could locate your creation.
  14. Please turn off word verification.
  15. Have fun!
I reserve the right to remove links that do not comply with challenge rules.

Prize: 
One Jane's Doodles stamp set of winners choice. Kaja, Neha and I will select four favorite projects (TOP 4), which will be featured here on my blog on August 27th 2017Among TOP 4, there will be a random draw (using Random.org) for one lucky winner who will then receive the prize. :o)
If we have 4 or less entries to the challenge, all projects will be considered as TOP projects.


I hope you'll like the new challenge theme, get inspired and join us with your Math creations. :o)

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. Just leave me a comment on this blog post or send me an e-mail. Kaja, Neha and I can't wait to see your creations! 

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback! Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka


An InLinkz Link-up

8 comments:

  1. yaaay, thank you for having me! :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards :) very interesting theme ! look forward to participating. thanks for the inspiration.
    cheers
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards by all of you! I haven't had a chance to join here yet, I will try to join this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great theme... Hoping to participate again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards and inspiration. Would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful creations on this amazing theme! Will try to join this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, amazing inspirations, so interesting!
    I hope I don't miss this challenge too ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's time again of I Love Math Challenge! Hope to have some mojo to play, it's a sad time to me and my mojo is down...
    Wonderful inspirations, for sure! Your bright card is a delight and such fab cards also by Kaja and Neha!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...