Saturday, July 8, 2017

Colorful Cacti Pot Card (AAA Cards Game #94 GDT)


Hi everyone! :o)

I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer at AAA Cards for a Game #94, after I won 1st place in their Game #92 The Birthday Card Challenge. I love playing AAA Cards challenges, as their challenges are all about CAS (clean and simple) cards, my favorite card design. :o)

The Game #94 theme is one layer with a colored card base AAA Cards is pairing this challenge with Less is More.

Card design has to be CAS. Here is a CAS definition from AAA Cards blog:
Notice: there are various CAS cards definitions on various blogs.



And here is my take on the challenge: CAS (clean and simple), one layer,  Colorful Cacti Pot Card.


To make this card, I used GORGEOUS Jane's Doodles 'Cactus' stamp setSucculents and cactus are my favorite plants, so you can imagine how much I LOVE the set. :o)

When I received the stamp set (August 2016), I stamped all images on paper scraps and fussy cut them out. I made these to use them as a help to arrange scenes and as masks. I store these in a pouch with the stamp set.:o)

For a card base I used Kraft Paper, my favorite colored cardstock paper. I stamped the cactus/succulent pot directly on the card base using pre-made masks. Here and there I fixed some lines with black fine liner. I colored the stamped image with colored pencils. After coloring, I stamped a sentiment on the card base, overlapping the pot.

To add more interest to my card, I outlined the image and sentiment with white pencil, punched two opposite corners with a rounded corner paper puncher and my card was finished. :o)

Card dimensions: 95 mm x 127 mm (3 3/4" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Cactus' stamp set
  • Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencils
    • light yellow
    • dark yellow
    • light orange
    • dark red
    • light green
    • dark green
    • light blue
    • dark blue
    • white
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
  • eraser
  • pencil sharpener
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • rounded corner paper puncher
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • pre-made masks

I hope you'll like my one layer CAS card and get inspired. :o) Stop by the AAA Cards and see amazing creations from the Design Team made for this challenge. The challenge ends on July 21st, so there is plenty time to share your CAS one layer cards with us. :o) For more information about the challenge rules and prizes, jump over to challenge post at AAA Cards. :o)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #249 - CAS
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) CRAFT-alnica, Izziv/Challenge #189 - Voščilnica za lastno dušo / As you love it (create a card with your favorites, a card you would love to receive)
CAS design, one layer card, Kraft paper, coloring with colored pencils on Kraft paper, Blooming Cactus, Aloe Vera, colorful pot, masked image
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Craft Stamper Magazine, Take It Make It Challenge, July: Anything Goes Stamping Challenge
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

4) Crafty Creations Challenges, #345 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

5) Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday, June 2017: Summer Icons
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

6) STAMPlorations, Summer 2017 CAS Card Challenge
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

28 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card Milka with those eye-catching colours against your kraft cardbase. Totally elegant and coloured to perfection. Thanks for being a wonderful talented guest designer for us at AAA Cards this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love your cas olc. The coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp set too. It's on my wish list too long. Love your card. Your pot is perfect focus point of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice and vibrant result on the craftcard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and coloring! I love your method of pre-making masks with a new stamp set, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card. CAS perfection! So glad you joined us for our challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your card as soon as it popped up in the AAA Cards inbox. The little pot of cacti is just amazingly cute and your card is adorable. Thanks for being a fantastic Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Great to see you at AAA Cards
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card ! I also love Kraft as card base ! Your colouring is just amazing and what a great idea to outline the image and sentiment with white pencil, it really highlights the image ! Fabulous ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card! Love how you highlighted the image with white pencil to add some depth to your one-layer card! And your pre-made masks idea is so clever! Thanks for being our guest designer at AAA Cards - love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Beautiful coloring and such a good idea to highlight the image and sentiment with white. Thanks so much for being the guest designer on AAA Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great how you´ve created the cactus pot with the triangles. Great idea !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable...love your CAS look and those vivid beautiful colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Milka
    seriously this is so CAS and so adorable coloring
    love love love
    no other words my friend
    many thanks to joining with us at ATSM at our CAS challenge
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Krasna CAS čestitka. te sploh niso enostavne in tebi je čudovito uspela. Hvala, da si se nam pridružila v CRAFTalnici.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Krasne so te tvoje preproste voščilnice in tudi prav nič ne zaostaja :-))
    Vesela sem, ker ustvarjaš z nami v izzivu CRAFT-alnice … Srečno!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Krasna je. Noro lepe barve.
    Hvala, da si z nami v Craft-alnici. Lp Lili

    ReplyDelete
  18. Čudovita v tvojem prepoznavnem stilu, lp

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a beautiful CAS card executed with perfection. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS.

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats for guest designing with us at AAA Cards. I love your colorful pot. Looks so nice on Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  22. An adorable stamp making a really cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute! Beautifully CAS and I love the colours on the kraft card. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous CAS!! Such amazing colouring on the cactus pot! Love how you pained lights and shadows, a fab 3D effect!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...