Friday, June 9, 2017

Tiger Card (KBD Aloha Friday Challenge #96 Mid Inspiration)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Happy Friday! :o)


Today I'm sharing a mid-inspiration project for an ongoing Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.

The challenge for this fortnight is #96 - Congratulations.

We have two sponsors for this challenge: KaDoodle Bug Designs and Scrap N' Dipity, so there will be double prizes! :o)

 


And here's my take on the challenge: masculine, CAS (clean and simple), Tiger Card.



I used an ADORABLE Kitty Bee Designs 'Ty the Tiger' digital image.

I printed the tiger on a thick watercolor paper and left him dry through the night to prevent ink smearing while coloring.

I colored the tiger in watercolor technique using Distress Inks. After drying, I fussy cut the tiger and colored edges with black marker.

Then I heat embossed in white a sentiment 'congratulations' on a black cardstock paper. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' stamp set.

I decided to go with same design and layout as on a card I shared here on my blog yesterday, here. Super simple, CAS as much as it can be, masculine with minimum colors and elements. :o)

I glued 2 mm thick foam squares on the sentiment stripe and glued it on a top folded white card base, glued 3 mm thick foam squares on the tiger and placed him on the card. As a finishing touch, I glued two wooden stars on the card.




Card dimensions: 89 mm x 121 m(3.5" x 4.75")

List of supplies:
  • Kitty Bee Designs 'Ty the Tiger' digital image
  • Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper (card base)
  • Koh-i-noor pop Aquarel Watercolor Paper, 250 gms (image)
  • black cardstock paper (sentiment)
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Tea Dye
    • Vintage Photo
    • Ground Espresso
  • Stabilo Fine Tip Pen (marker), Black 68/46
  • UHU universal glue
  • foam squares, 2 mm thick
  • foam squares, 3 mm thick
  • Create a Smile Chipboard 'Nested Stars' (tiniest stars)
  • printer
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • scissors
  • paper towels 
  • water
  • powder bag
  • dry cloth

I hope you'll like my project for the challenge and get inspired. For more inspiration, stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out lovely projects my Design Team mates created. And don't forget to join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :o)



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Crafting By Designs, June Anything Goes Challenge
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Make It Masculine
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

3) Uniko Challenge, #41 Masculine
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

8 comments:

  1. Awwww.... I just LOVE this supercute tiger! How sweet and cute he is!! Fabulous colouring on his fur! And great design with the black banner and the stars!
    This is a superCAS!!!! :D Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaayy cuutee Image sweety
    and I always love your coloring
    always CAS perfection all your cards
    I wish one day we can exchange our card
    I want touch your cute card Milka..
    do you like the idea?
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Such a sweet image! Love the coloring and CAS design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorably cute and perfectly coloured. A superb card for the guys and thanks for playing along with us at Uniko this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milka, it's super CAS, I absolutely love it, thanks for joining us again at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, love how he is sitting on the sentiment and so beautifully coloured too. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...