Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Snowman Box (Crafty Creations Challenges #287)

Hi everyone :-D 

It´s time for a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges.
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

Our theme for this fortnight is #287 - Seeing Spots (use dots)

Our sponsor for this challenge is Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps, whit a great prize for one random winner: 3 digital images of winner's choice.
http://robynsfetish.com/shop/


Snowman Box is my project for this challenge.


I decorated a small Kraft cardboard box with a lid I had in my stash for a couple of years, using our sponsor's image 'Chester da Snowman' digital stamp, designer paper scraps and Kraft paper from my stash. Kraft paper I used on my project is recycled.


How I made my box...
I cut out two circles and two stripes from brown dotted paper scraps (Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas Designer Paper Pad). I distressed edges with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Antique Linen and glued them on the box and lid with universal glue
Then I printed Robyn's Fetish 'Chester da Snowman' digital stamp on Kraft packaging paper (thick Kraft paper) and colored him with colored pencils and universal white pencil, fussy cut and glued him on the lid.
I wanted the box to look old, so I teared stripes from Kraft paper bag and glued them on corners of the box and lid. I did this in découpage technique, using fine brush and découpage glue and varnish. After adding first layer of découpage glue and varnish, I smeared whole box with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy. I coated whole box and lid (inside and outside) several times with découpage glue and varnish.
After the box and lid were dry, I glued three synthetic snowballs on the bottom of the box to create box legs.


List of supplies: 
    http://robynsfetish.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=181
  • Robyn's Fetish 'Chester da Snowman' digital stamp
  • Kraft cardboard box with a lid (dimensions: ØLID = 51 mm, ØBOX = 48 mm,  h = 33 mm) 
  • Kraft papers (Kraft packaging paper, Kraft bag)
  • Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad (scraps) 
  • 3 synthetic snowballs (Ø 10 mm)
  • Koh-i-noor woodless colored pencils (Titanium White 3, Natural Sienna 11, Ivory Black 12)
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • Tim Holtz´s Distress Inks (Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy) 
  • Pritt universal glue   
  • Art Potch découpage glue and varnish
  • pencil
  • ruler
  • printer
  • scoring board 
  • compass 
  • trimmer  
  • scissors
  • MARABU fine paint brush no.10



Stop by the Crafty Creations Challenges to see beautiful dotty creations from my Design Team Mates and join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D



I am entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Catch The Bug Weekly Challenge, Earth Day - Recycle
My recycled items: Kraft papers (Kraft paper bag and Kraft packaging paper) 
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/p/challenges.html

2) Country View Challenges, April - Use Kraft Card
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/its-our-april-challenge.html
http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.com/

3) Craft My Life, All Crafts Challenge April/May 
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com/

4) Dream Valley Challenges, Challenge #104 - Let's get Krafty - Use Kraft Card
http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/

5) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from April 14th to April 20th, Anything Goes


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

4 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely fabulous box, hun! I love the kraft and white colour combo, and the snowman is very cute! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thanks so much for joining us in our Recycle Challenge, I love your project and hope you will join us again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your distressed box! hanks for joining us in our Earth Day - Recycle Challenge at Bugaboo stamps' Catch the Bug blog. I'm holding thumbs that your entry comes up drawn a winner! Please join us again soon.
    love
    Jen Leeflang
    BUGABOO DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at TTCRD this week and hope to se you again in our next challenge// Zora DT

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...