Friday, May 18, 2018

Tiger Lilies Card (Jane's Doodles DT Spotlight)


Hi everyone! :o)

On Tuesday, May 15th, was my turn to be on the spotlight over at Jane's Doodles and I made this Tiger Lilies Card:o)


This card is a CASE of a card I made for my mom and shared it two weeks ago (find it here). I went with same design, layout and used same stamps, but went with different color scheme and used different techniques and mediums for coloring. :o)

Mom of a lovely young lady, for whom I created this card, loves orange color. I immediately knew I should go with Tiger Lilies. Gorgeous flower! :o)


How I made the card...

For my card I used stamps from two GORGEOUS Jane's Doodles stamp sets: Lily and Mother's Day.

 

With some masking, I stamped lilies directly on a white top folded card base.

I colored lilies with various coloring mediums. First I blended Distress Ink. I used negative part of masks to protect white background and ink blended lilies. I splattered lilies with water, dried them and repeated the process one more time.

I removed masks, added extra shades on lilies and colored green parts with colored pencils and fine liners. Dimension was missing, so I colored shades using grey colored pencil.

Then I heat embossed in black word ‘Mama’, which is Croatian for mom.


Lastly, I drew brown dots on lilies using fine liner and added some white highlights with white gel pen and the card was finished. :o)



Card dimensions: 95 mm x  133 mm (3 3/4" x 5 1/4")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Lily' stamp set
  • Jane's Doodles 'Mother's Day' stamp set
  • white cardstock paper
  • white paper (for masks)
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Primary Ebony, Regular, WH00R)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Hickory Smoke
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencils
    • orange
    • light green
    • dark green
  • Stabilo Fine Liners, fine 0.4:
    • orange 88/54
    • green 88/36
    • light brown 88/89
    • dark brown 88/45
    • grey 88/94
  • Stabilo colored pencil, grey 979/726
  • Staedtler Noris Club colored pencil, grey 144
  • Uniball Signo White Pigment Ink
  • eraser
  • Fiskars High Precission Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • Ranger Heat It Tool
  • Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • scissors
  • water
  • paper towels
  • powder bag
  • dry cloth



I'm linking my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Craft Stamper MagazineTake It Make It Challenge, May Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Happy Little Stampers, CAS Challenge, May 2018: One Layer
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday, April 2018: Mama, Mom, Mother...
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


At the end of this post...


This Sunday, May 20th, is a World Bee Day. I'm hosting an annual To Bee or Not To Bee Blog Hop. Join me and amazing artists around the World to celebrate 1st World Bee Day and to support bees and bees' protection.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous CAS Milka, surely your Mum will LOVE it! :) Fab bright orange tones and great highlight with the white gel pen!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Milka - i bet your mom loved it !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning! Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...