Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Education, Quotation Card no. #2 (CRAFT-alnica #193, August GDT)


Hi everyone! :o)

I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer at CRAFT-alnica, Slovenian challenge blog, for month of AugustTwo weeks ago I shared my first GDT project and today I'm sharing my second project as GDT at CRAFT-alnica.

The challenge for this fortnight is #193 - Okvir / Frame. Use a frame on your project, make or decorate a frame.


I love hand drawn frames, so I decided to go with a hand drawn frameAnd this is my take on the challenge: Education, Quotation Card.


This is a decoration magnet (it has a magnetic sheet on the back). I made it for myself (actually for a refrigerator, as magnets can't stick on me LOL).

To make this one, I was inspired with a Quotation Card I made last year (find it here).

I was also inspired with colors from a photo below shared on Addicted to Stamps and More blog for the challenge #255 - Photo inspiration. :o)

And a photo shared on Cupcakes Inspirations for the challenge CIC419.
Original photo source: Potter Cakes

I quoted one of my favorite philosophers, Jiddu Krishnamurti. :o)


How I made my quotation card/magnet...

I cut a white watercolor paper panel and typed quotation on a typewriter and drew line frame with superfine permanent marker (0.4 mm).

Images are layered. I stamped pile of books from Jane's Doodles 'Read All About It' stamp set  directly on the panel and once more on a piece of watercolor paper. Then I colored books in watercolor technique using Distress Inks.

I colored a background in watercolor technique using Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch (DIBS). I added several layers of color and dried them between. When I was satisfied with the color, I splattered whole panel with water and DIBS.

After drying, I fussy cut colored books, colored edges with a black marker and glued them over stamped images on the panel. I added white highlights on books and the panel was finished.

The watercolor paper I used was thick and you could kind of see black color of the magnetic sheet through it. To solve this "problem", I cut a white cardstock base, same size as the watercolor paper, and glued colored panel on it. At the end I glued whole card on the magnetic sheet and my quotation card /magnet was finished.

Dimensions:  88 mm x 126 mm (3 1/2" x 5")

List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Read All About It' Stamp Set
  • white watercolor paper
  • white cardstock paper
  • magnetic sheet
  • Ranger Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks:
    • Tumbled Glass
    • Mermaid Lagoon
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Wilted Violet
    • Old Paper
  • Stabilo Pen (Marker) Black 68/46
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
  • Uniball Signo White
  • UHU universal glue
  • UNIS tbm de Luxe Typewriter
  • scissors
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu rounded fine brush no. 0
  • Marabu rounded fine brush no. 2
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • water
  • paper towels

I hope you'll like my framed project and get inspired. :o) Stop by the CRAFT-alnica and see amazing creations from the Design Team made for this challenge. The challenge ends on September 5th, 23:55 (11:55 PM) CEST, so there is plenty time to share your Frame(d) projects with us. :o) For more information about the challenge rules and prizes, jump over to challenge post at CRAFT-alnica. :o)



I'm linking my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #256 - Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Crafty Creations Challenges, #348 - Anything Goes
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

3) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, August 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Milka!! Great inked background, love the doodling all around and I completely agree with that sage quote! :) Life is a learning path

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and that quote is so true! Love the doodled frame.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krasno voščilnico si naredila in dodala fantastičen okvir :-))
    Hvala, ker si bila naša gostja.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Čudovit okvir in krasno sporočilo. ♥

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...