Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Christmas Tree on Kraft Card

Hello everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you three winter themed cards I made before I went on holidays. All cards are made combining white and Kraft papers, colors, embellishments etc.. I'll be sharing cards in separate posts. :o)


First up today is this Christmas Tree on Kraft Card. :o)



This card is a CASE of my Christmas Tree Card. I went with a same layout and color scheme, I used a same tree stencil, both cards have "snowflakes" in the background, but I used different papers, mediums and techniques to create new card. I won't compare differences in this post, I'll just write how I made this card. If you want to see how I made the CASEd card, jump here. :o)

The tree is heat embossed.

I used GORGEOUS 'Christmas Trees' ARTploarations Stencil. Love this stencil so much!! :o) If you like, you can see all cards I made using this stencil here, here and here. :o)

I cut out a paper panel from a Kraft paper slightly smaller than a card base, spread powder over the panel, fixed stencil on the panel and taped with Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad through the stencil. I removed stencil gently, sprinkled Embossing Powder on the watermarked tree and heat it. When I was done with heat embossing, I cleaned the powder with dry microfiber cloth.

At this stage I could finish the card, but it looked empty. I mixed white acrylic paint with a water and splattered the panel using paint brush. I left splatters dry on air. When drying acrylic paint splatters on air they look prettier than drying with heat tool. I mentioned this last year in my post here.

After drying, I glued foam sheet on the back of the panel, glued it on the card base and my card was finished. Not bad for first time heat embossing stenciled image. :o)

Card dimensions: 107 mm x 139 mm (4 1/4" x 5 1/2")

List of supplies:
  • 'Christmas Trees' ARTploarations Stencil
  • Crafter's Companion Neenah Desert Storm Kraft Coloring Card
  • white cardstock paper
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
    • Marabu Acrylic Paint (070 White)
    • foam sheet 1 mm thick
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • Sigma Rotary Paper Trimmer
    • bone folder
    • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
    • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
    • powder bag
    • water
    • dry microfiber cloth (for cleaning powder)
    • washi tape (for stencil fixing)



    I'm entering my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Country View Challenges, January 2017 - Anything Goes
    This is my 9th entry to this challenge.

    2) Crafting By Desings, January Anything Goes Challenge
    This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.


    3) Happy Little Stampers, CAS Challenge, January 2017, Stencil
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

    4) Happy Little Stampers, Christmas Challenge, January 2017, Anything Goes
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

    5) Paru's Card Making Challenges, 1st anniversary Challenge: Anything Goes
    This is my 9th entry to this challenge.

    6) STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge
    This is my 4th entry to this challenge. (1329)

    7) STAMPlorations, January CAS Card Challenge
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today, I'll be sharing two more cards. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    8 comments:

    1. Lovely card :) the color combo of white and kraft paper is very elegant
      cheers
      preety

      ReplyDelete
    2. Another lovely tree, it looks as milk cream on a biscuit :D

      ReplyDelete
    3. This is CAS perfection, love that stencil and the white splatters. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

      ReplyDelete
    4. super work!Thanks for joining us at CVC and goodluck! Hugs rachel x

      ReplyDelete
    5. I so love Kraft and white. This one turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing both of your wonderful cards at Happy Little stampers January 2017 Christmas Challenge!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Great re-use stencil. Quite different card, like the gentle splashing.
      Thank you for sharing with HLS,
      BozenA DT HLS

      ReplyDelete
    7. What a lovey CAS design, the white looks so effective against the kraft card.
      Thanks so much for joining us for the Happy Little Stampers Clean & Simple Challenge
      Anne

      ReplyDelete
    8. Aww how delicate and beautiful is this christmas tree!
      Such a lovely card! It's just perfect!

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...